[...music...]
a log of cd's purchased + shows attended + other stuff.
scratch my back

impulse purchase.

since january, i've been watching l'univers musiqueplus almost daily. on tuesday's episode, during le débat critique, co-host nicolas tittley presented peter gabriel's most recent release "scratch my back", describing it as "un album de reprises qui ne suce pas".

i had never listened to peter gabriel's music before, nor his stuff with genesis, so i am unfamiliar with his material. but after checking out his cover of regina spektor's "après moi", it was enough for me to get this cd.



it's very nice. the string arrangements are beautiful.

my favourite track is "après moi". i am including the original here for comparison.

peter gabriel - après moi


regina spektor - après moi


after listening to the whole album, another track that i like is "my body is a cage". to be honest, i like it even more than the original version.

peter gabriel - my body is a cage


arcade fire - my body is a cage


~~~

Labels: ,

comments: