[...music...]
a log of cd's purchased + shows attended + other stuff.
mono

i recently chatted online with a guy i met at the mogwai show. it turns out he is also going to the explosions in the sky show in march. he suggested that i check out mono, a japanese band i had only heard about. he sent me a link to their myspace, such that i could check out their track "moonlight".

well, that track got me hooked. it is so beautiful, the way it slowly builds up in layers. it got me all into a post-rock kind of mood again, making me listen to all my mogwai cd's back-to-back.

i immediately ordered mono's latest release "you are there", even though i've not heard the rest of the album. the track "moonlight" alone is worth the entire disc.

i finally got it in the mail a couple of days ago. i've been listening to it. the rest of the album is the typical post-rock stuff that i love. still, the closing track "moonlight" is definitely the highlight.

i've found out that they will be playing here in april; and the good news is, it doesn't interfere with my final exams. i will probably end up going, assuming nothing unexpected comes up.

~~~

Labels: ,

comments: